Image hosted by Hamtaroplanet.tk

Living each day in happiness despite the hardship

Saturday, October 21, 2006

A busy & unforgettable nite!

Yesterday was my lst solo nite as a cardio staff, everything seems 2 be going fine & smooth til I went 4 my supper time. Upon receiving the call from EOT looking 4 me, 4 tat moment I knew things sure going nt well. So it is true tat I had a rush in case from A&E, who is the surgeon etc all the information was nt even given 2 me at all. I rushed up prepare & see 2 the items, asked the anaesthetist but she dun wanna say anything but very rudely commented, "Aiya, CABG juz prepared as per norm la, y bother 2 ask so much?" To me, do u think I really wanna bother so much & asked her if I dun haf 2 knw a single thing? Come on la, pls we worked as a team ok, u dun wanna give me information then how am I suppose 2 knw wat 2 prepare?

All cardio surgeons got their own preference & different sutures needed, then this on-call surgeon required the most things lo. I dun tried my best 2 prepare & finished all the setup but its 2 much sets. Somemore the patient is nt very gd, came in after set the lines his conditions went down hills. So the anaesthetist had 2 perform CPR on the operating table, b4 draping CPR again. Everything went so fast tat I haf no time 2 do my setup, but luckily only left 1 set haven ready so juz put the whole tray on table then go out lo.

This case from abt 1+am til 7+am, really tired me out. Nobody can help me cos they dunno the things I needed, so cant be helped.sigh....Wat I can do is 2 give instructions wat 2 open & put it where. I really appreciated the circulators, all those who are so helpful & give me help when I need the most. Thanks...The patient had 2 go on ECMO, 2 maintain his life 4 the moment. Its really v sad thing 2 knw. But anyway,I dared 2 say tat I had done my best despite not v smooth flow, bcos who can predict wat surgeon need & wanna do next? I can only anticipate wat my knowledge & wat I had learnt. Its a v v gd experience so call but traumatic 2 me.

Wat I m most angry abt is the surgeon, he dun appreciated wat I do. Ya, of course I admit tat I m nt v experienced but pls on nite shift, dun expect 2 much lo, how can u choose ppl????He asked 4 a senior staff 2 come help me, but can use his brains 2 think anot its nite emergency case not elective so smooth flow. DUn expect & requested 2 much, if u wan senior then better c when senior on duty then do yr case la. ( u can try if 'E" case can be predicted anot la). Dun be stupid minded lo, juz make do wif wat u haf as long as u haf no delay or problems going on, during the operation. Who wans 2 c u leh, I dun wan 2 as well pls lo....YA,I dun nd yr appreciation as well 2 confirm tat I haf done my best, my conscience is clear (as clear as water).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home